How to play Guide for Zombs.io
This is a general guide on How to Play Zombs.io. Feel free to expand upon it if desired.
Beginner's Guide[edit | edit source]
- Upon spawning, the game will grant invincibility for some seconds: use this time to look around.
- Find an appropriate area for a base (make sure it has enough room to build a base of your desired size)
- Zombies don't spawn until your Gold Stash is built, stack up on resource before starting your base.
- Possibly in proximity to at least a tree and a rock (unlimited resource spots), ideally with the rock and tree touching.
- Not too close to monster's stones, to avoid drawing their attention;
- Unless in a party, far from other players, which may turn into enemies;
- If you place down the gold stash AFTER night starts , you have until the next night starts, giving you more time
- Gather some wood and stone to build a base by hitting trees and rocks with the pickaxe. We Recommend around 1 thousand to 10 thousand.
- Place the gold stash, which is free and unique, once ready to start building. Remember: PROTECT it at all costs, and use doors all around your gold stash instead of walls or slow traps!
- Consider that zombies will attack it as soon as night comes, so place it not too close to that moment.
- To start producing gold, build gold mines around or nearby the gold stash.
- Gold is used both for building upgrades and inside the shop (B or O keys) for tools and bonuses.
- Protect the gold stash and the mines with towers and eventually walls.
- Once gathered enough gold, upgrade the gold stash to unlock a new tier of all buildings:
- For a price, any building can be then upgraded to that tier.
- Higher tier buildings will have increased stats.
- The health of the gold stash itself will also increase
- Remember that it is possible to sell any building but the gold stash, which therefore can't be moved.
- Death will remove 25% of all resources, re-spawning the character at its gold stash.
- Death will also remove all acquired weapons except level 1 pickaxe.
- You (and your team if you have one) dies if your gold stash breaks
Base Management[edit | edit source]
- When deciding where to place the gold stash, consider that the base will rise all around it.
- It can be helpful to use resources (trees and stones) in your early perimeter as zombies cannot move through them, and they cannot be destroyed.
- Prioritize leveling up the gold stash and the mines to produce more gold as soon as possible, which is needed for all upgrades and bonuses.
- It is good practice to maximize the level of all towers before upgrading the gold stash again, while walls and doors are a personal choice.
- Read the tower stats carefully to understand where to place them range-wise.
- Spending resources in rebuilding broken towers is a greater expense than a wall: defend them.
- Symmetrical layouts are easier to manage.
- For advanced strategies, see: Strategies.
Gold Management[edit | edit source]
- The priority is to make gold as fast as possible, while zombie waves will keep increasing in difficulty.
- The best way to maximize the production is to follow this upgrade order between tiers: gold stash > gold mines > towers > walls. Walls may be kept one tier below the other buildings until tier VI.
- Spending gold in the shop should be done wisely and when needed, as it will slow down the base progress.
Pet Management[edit | edit source]
- As soon as possible unlock a pet from the Shop. We Recommend woody for JUST harvesting resources and C.A.R.L. for pvp and zombie hoards.
- To level up and empower the pet, let him kill monsters or harvest resources.
- After a certain amount of levels, the pet can be evolved from the Shop page.
- It is possible to use a potion anytime to restore the pet's health.
- For more details, see: Pets.
Controls[edit | edit source]
For a list of controls, see: Controls.
|How to Play • Tools • Buildings • Resources • Pets • Hats • Shop • |
Parties • Enemies • Controls • Strategies • Tips & Tricks • Changelogs