This is a list of some helpful Tips and tricks for Zombs.io. Feel free to add your own!
General[edit | edit source]
- Gold stash can't be moved, but other buildings can be sold and placed again.
- Wave count won't start until the gold stash has been placed: place it when ready.
- Place your gold stash right after night starts. That gives you the maximum amount of time to get gold and stuff.
- Get somewhere between 250 and 1 k stone and wood before placing gold stash to ensure you won't run out.
- You can press space to auto mine. You can get as many resources per swing as spots you hit, so find clustered spots.
- Death takes away 25% of the resources but not wave difficulty, so be careful while moving around.
- When collecting resources from a resource gatherer, just mine it as if it is a resource to collect what it has gathered.
Base[edit | edit source]
- Consider making the base near a multiple resource spot, to reduce the effort of harvesting:
- Do not build the base too close to Summoning Stones, as Bomb Towers may draw their attention when attacking zombies:
It's good to have mage towers behind the melee towers because the mage towers push the zombies away so the melee towers don't take damage but these do damage to zombies.
- Don't design a dispersive base: bigger means more expenses for walls and less focused tower fire.
- Don't invest in a double layer wall until late-game, as it will likely waste resources and slow down progress.
- Towers have different damage and range, place them wisely.
- Do not include a resource spot inside the base: it will only increase the area to defend and the costs.
- While some zombies may get stuck in resource spots, don't use those as "base border": smaller zombies may pass between wall and resource; also towers won't have target sight.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- After every 8th level (9th, 17th, 25th, 33rd, 41st, 49th, 57th, 65th, 73rd, 81st, 89th, 97th, 105th, 121st), a boss comes. If you attack the boss with your player, when he dies you'll get a gold bonus (20~500k! depending on level)
- If you're on a team, the whole team gets the bonus but only if all the bosses are hit. If you only hit 3 of 4 you get nothing!
Shop Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Do not rush spending gold into player's upgrades: a tier IV axe can be enough to max all buildings. Weapons really improve from tier V, but the cost is over 20k gold and it might be better spent elsewhere until end-game. Also later on the gold will generate faster.
- While using a spear, remember that being in melee range with zombies can be harmful. Bow or bomb may be a better beginner's choice.
- Potions can be bought cheaply anytime and used with F key, restoring the whole life even while in combat.
- If actively fighting zombies, consider investing in a shield tier 1 instead of using potions. (So you won't get tricked by the blue zombies and higher + Extra health will help fighting zombies.)
- After gold mines tier V, timeout can generate a positive income. At tier VIII the bonus gold is 23.6k/timeout.
Other Players[edit | edit source]
- Playing with friendly or semi-friendly people's bases increases the chances of survival.
- Consider partying with other players from the start although remember, entering a team will reset the current progresses.
- Attacking a base with any tool/weapon will draw the towers' fire, which may be avoided easily by running in circle around that base or moving away.
- Throwing bombs to a player that is escaping will almost always end with a missed shoot, pick the bow for ranged PvP fights.
- If escaping, use resource spots as cover from ranged attacks.
- It is easier to find other players at night, as following zombies will lead to a base.
- Do not give new party member permission to sell buildings, or they might sell all your buildings. (Remember, only give sell permission to friendly party members!)
|How to Play • Tools • Buildings • Resources • Pets • Hats • Shop • |
Parties • Enemies • Controls • Strategies • Tips & Tricks • Changelogs